Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 29

Thread: Decisions, Decisions

  1. #1
    Inactive Member sculpey's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2001
    Posts
    8,165
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Exclamation

    Well, here we are three weeks into the Unreal Board. I think that it probably is time to go into 'lockdown mode', and I'll be working with Shatzy to make this happen. From what I gather it'll involve an invite having to be given to get in.

    I'm also very much leaning to the domain thing. This will give us even more features and I think make us somewhat private. This part costs a bit of money, though not an astronomical anount. So, I can probably swing it with no difficulty. My kid doesn't need to go to college anyway.

    Now, your input is needed on these idears....... but no computation will be given. [img]wink.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member TheRedneckS.G.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    January 8th, 2004
    Posts
    528
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    only the elite should be allowed to stay. So I guess that means I'm out though.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member sculpey's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2001
    Posts
    8,165
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Wink

    Originally posted by TheRedneckS.G.:
    only the elite should be allowed to stay. So I guess that means I'm out though.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You got in and can never leave.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member shypappy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 9th, 2004
    Posts
    3,666
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I like the idea of Sculpeyboard.com!!!! [img]cool.gif[/img]

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ January 27, 2004 07:15 PM: Message edited by: Shypappy ]</font>

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Spore's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 8th, 2004
    Posts
    2,204
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yay! It's lockdown time! Bring out the hoses!!!

  6. #6
    EndQuest
    Guest EndQuest's Avatar

    Post

    What kind of money do you need from us? How do we get that to you?

    I don't know what all the options are. Maybe an increase in the number of pictures per post?

    How about an on-line chat function or a group chat?

  7. #7
    -megalithanod
    Guest -megalithanod's Avatar

    Post

    Maybe if you can list the options we are able to chooose from, and the cost associated with them, we can make a more educated decision.

    As for the cost. Just please be aware that I am more than happy to pay for my little role in this board. It is a haven, and even more so of late I see that it will be the main focus of my hobby.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member sculpey's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2001
    Posts
    8,165
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Here is the outline of going to a domain. I don't know if the storage is enough, but that'ss omething I can discuss.

    " We host a virtual domain for you which includes use a copy of message board software of our choosing (see note below). Your board runs on a completly seperate software package (owned by Hostboard.com) as a virtual domain under Hostboard.com This allows you the most amount of flexability as we can upload your custom graphics, remove all Hostboard related advertising banners, customize (see note below) the physical software with more features and or add specific color schemes and grafics of your choosing.


    For $15/month we host your message board with 1 forum with 200 MB of
    storage space and 5 GB monthly transfer. "

  9. #9
    EndQuest
    Guest EndQuest's Avatar

    Post

    How much bandwidth/storage space are we using now? I guess you can base a decision on what is needed based on what we are using now?

  10. #10
    Inactive Member munkkeyboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 23rd, 2001
    Posts
    1,325
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    to be honest sculpey, I don't know how much of a deal that sounds like. the company I use for my entire website (which includes a free message board which I currently don't use) is $8 a month for 500 MBs of space, 30 GBs of transfer a month.

    and they also registered my domain name for one year for free, which would have been $20 otherwise.

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ January 27, 2004 08:28 PM: Message edited by: munkkeyboy ]</font>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •